Thursday, May 31, 2012

24 weeks (last week in Hawaii)



Pregnancy/Baby Stats:

How far along: 24 weeks

How big is baby:  The size of an ear of corn!

Total weight gain: 16 or 17 pounds, depending on the day.

Stretch marks:  Nope nope.

Best moment of the week:  Hubby and I very well may have come to an agreement on a baby name!  And if you know anything about how that's been going, you know it's been difficult.  We rarely agree on names.  In fact, we decided that I favor the names that would get a kid beat up over, and hubby favors that names that you would expect to be the very bully who's beating other kids up.  Good stuff.  BUT at long last, I think we might have agreed on something.  It just seems to fit and we both really like it.  Cross your fingers it stays that way!

Gender:  Boy!

Movement: LOTS of movement going on this week.  Hubby is constantly impressed with how strong baby is able to kick these days.  On another note, I'm now able to recognize baby's sleep cycles.  He has three main times of the day that he's really awake (first thing in the morning, when I'm going to bed, and in the late afternoon/evening between 3pm and 6pm usually).  

Have you started to show yet:  Yep, my bump is getting much more defined.  People are finally starting to notice that I'm pregnant and not just chunky-looking.  Finally.  

Belly button:  Still in, but looking like an awkward pregnant belly button.  Whatever that means...

Mood:  Happy about all things baby!  Still stressed about packing and moving and the sorts.  We move off the island tomorrow by the way. :( 

What I miss: Eating whatever I want.  I'm not even talking about unhealthy stuff, but I just miss not having to think about every little thing that I eat (is this okay?  is it good for baby?  etc.)

Symptoms: 
Headaches-Getting better (less frequent), but still fairly killer when they happen.  

Tired-I'm definitely getting more tired again. Come about 2pm every day I'm so ready for a nap.  Though I have yet to actually take one yet.  I'm just making sure I get 8-9 hours of sleep every night.  

Braxton Hicks-Started getting some of my first braxton hicks contractions.  Nothing serious, and definitely not painful, but definitely not very comfortable either.  They only seem to happen when I'm over-exerting myself though.  

Looking forward to:  Traveling to New Orleans! That's actually the first place that the hubby and I will be going on the Mainland.  We're leaving Hawaii tomorrow night and flying into New Orleans on Saturday.  We'll be spending a couple days there so that I can help present at a national conference for work.  

1 comments:

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips

I have nominated you for an award! Check it out here!

http://meg-captivated.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award.html