Tuesday, April 30, 2013

letters to ollie: 7 months old

My dear Oliver,

Seven months already!
You are seriously changing every day.
You've suddenly mastered the army crawl.
At first, you were content doing the inch worm,
but now you're army crawling all over the living room.
And getting yourself in all kinds of trouble of course.

Since you didn't have a doctor's appointment this month, 
I'm not exactly sure how big you've gotten.
I don't think your weight has changed all too much from last month though.
So, 28+ inches for height and about 25lbs in weight.
Your next check up is at 9 months.
We've started trying to give you a bit of "real food" (aka nasty looking pureed stuff).
I don't blame you for being hesitant.
I think we may have to try some other things, cause you're not too thrilled about this stuff.

You're getting to be quite active and more and more curious every day.
You have such a love for people.
No matter what type of mood you're in, if someone smiles at you,
you turn into the happiest little boy ever.


Oh Oliver,
I just can't tell you enough how much I love you.
The weeks and months are slipping away much too fast.
I love watching you learn and grow and discover.
But some days I just want to hold on as tight as possible to every moment.

Your daddy just finished his first year of grad school this past month.
It's been so nice having him home more often.
You've loved it as well.
By the way, you're starting to develop very clear preferences between me and dad.
You love playing around with dad.
And you love cuddling with me.
Oh, and you love "helping" daddy and me with any and everything.
You're especially good at laundry.

Oh sweetie, I love you I love you I love you.
I'm such a lucky mom to have been blessed with you.
You bring so much joy to me and your daddy

Honestly, your sweet little face just melts my heart.

Love you forever baby,
Momma

0 comments: