Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lazy Saturday

Today has been such a lazy day. And lately I have been SO bad about blogging. It's been hard to find time lately.

Beau and I slept in this morning and we've spent our day doing homework, watching football, working out, and reading. Ohh I how I LOVE Saturdays. They would be much more enjoyable however if we didn't always have homework, but that's just life at college I suppose.

Beau graduates in April and I've been very envious lately. I won't graduate until the NEXT April. I tried convincing my counselor yesterday to let me double major in Social Work, but she was not very enthusiastic about it. Sooo, it looks like I will be sticking solely to Psychology. Which is fine of course. I just haven't quite figured out what I want to do in life yet. But like I said, it looks like I have a good amount of time to figure things out.

Last night, Beau and I finally hung out with friends again! It seems like everyone has been so busy, and getting together has become more and more difficult for everyone. We went to the Haunted Lagoon at the Polynesian Culture Center. There were 5 couples plus one 14-month year old (who was probably the bravest of us all!) They put you on a canoe that holds probably 30 people and you take a 20 minute "tour" of the lagoon. It was pretty scary, but we all enjoyed ourselves! I love living in Hawaii, but because the weather never changes it's sometimes hard to remember that holidays exist. I've always associated Halloween with pumpkins and changing leaves, but here, there aren't many pumpkins, and the palm trees never change. So it was nice being able to do something Halloween-related.


Tonight we are going to BYU-Hawaii's semiannual Food Fest! Lots of people, good music, and PLENTY of food. Not only will there be plenty to eat, but there will be plenty of choices. Food Fest is run by the various school clubs, many of which are culture clubs, so there is food available from tons of cultures. YUMMM.


3 comments:

Scott Boice said... Best Blogger Tips

what's that big purple thing? thanks for blogging, the pictures are great.

Scott Boice said... Best Blogger Tips

it me mom commenting, dad is just the google account guy, but he reminded me to look at the great blog Candace was doing.

Candace said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh hi! The big purple blob is actually a delicious taro roll. It's the only type of taro I will eat here. Beau doesn't mind eating it straight though.