Thursday, February 17, 2011

Memory #2

Our wedding day, 19 June 2010.

The day was sunny, hot, and came faster than expected.
We were married at 11:00am in the Washington D.C. Temple
Coming out there was a huge group of people waiting for us. I don't think I've ever been happier in my life.
I was married to the most wonderful man I had ever met.
Everything was a rush, coming out of the Temple. There were so many of our friends and family around
and we couldn't be more grateful for their attendance.  There were also so many more people that we wished could have been there with us that day.

After taking plenty of group photos, everyone left except us and our two lovely photographers.
We stayed and took so many wonderful pictures for probably another two hours.
It was midday, very hot, and we were so tired by the end.
After changing and driving home, we realized we were both starving and so we made a quick stop at McDonald's. Yep, that's right, we ate McDonald's on our wedding day.  Classy, right?

After leaving the Temple, finishing pictures, eating delicious french fries, and spending a blissful hour in yoga pants, we drove over to the ring ceremony/reception.  The ceremony was beautiful and it was so nice to see so many people that weren't able to be at the Temple with us earlier.
At this point in the day it was evening, and had cooled down considerably,
yet it was for some reason was still incredibly hot.
I think it was mostly due to the crowd of people mingling however.
It's true what they say about weddings, you really don't ever get a chance to stop and eat.
Heck, I hardly even got to see Beau at the reception. We were both constantly being whisked away by people. When ever I got a free moment (and yes, literally moment), I would do one of three things.
1. At least make visual of the new-husband (we all know there was no chance of me making it across the room without being stopped again),
2. Sneak a strawberry off the food table, or
3. Go stand on the nearest air vent and let the people come to me.
All in all though,
it was a hectic, amazing, and absolutely incredible day.