Friday, March 11, 2011

Breaking free!

Thanks to everyone that left such sweet comments about the tsunami.
Thankfully our island was safe.  The Big Island took a bit of a beating though.
I just pray that everyone affected is finding some type of peace.

Despite being up all night, and still having school today (seriously BYU-H...you're not cancelling classes??), the husband and I are still going through with our weekend plans.
And this weekend is going to be great!
Seriously, it's been a long time since I've been looking forward to a weekend for a reason other than no school. 
But finally, we are busting out of our town for a day.
Thursday was Beau's last day of school for a week. The high school that he student teaches at started their spring break. I finished up with classes and work at 1:30 today and now finally...we are ditching Laie and cruisin' into "Town."


If you've ever been to the island of Oahu, you know that Laie is one small little place.
My campus has only 2500 students and without the campus, the community would definitely be lacking in self-sustainability. So, even though I love my community here, it can be suffocating if you don't escape once in awhile.  And trust me, it's been awhile since I last escaped.

So my dear husband has promised to spend a lovely afternoon and evening out with me. 
We're heading to "Town," aka Honolulu area. (It's funny to me that no one actually says Honolulu. Instead, it's always Town). Anyhow, I'm anticipating an incredibly fun day. 
I'll put up pictures this weekend, showing off our adventures.  

Happy weekend everyone!

1 comments:

NKriste said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm so glad you are safe! I hope you have a fun weekend! I can't wait to see your pictures. Take Care.