Thursday, October 20, 2011

Guess where I might be going next summer...

Hubby and I have been invited to go to on a trip this coming summer. 
Where, you might ask?
Bangladesh!
Yep, that's right, not the typical vacation country.
But that seems to be the pattern with us.  
Because let me tell you, India was no vacation either. 

But as much as we love vacations, 
we'd rather travel around saving the world. 
Alright alright, so it's not like we're saving the world necessarily, 
but we definitely are doing some good in it.


We've been invited to help do a statistics evaluation for a program through the University of Dhaka.
From what I understand of the program so far, they help save girls and women from the sex trade
and give them a better life by teaching them skills and educating them.  

Anyhow, so my professor who took us to India back in 2010 
wants us to go on this trip as well.  The majority of the team (about 15 people including my professor) 
will probably only go for about 2 weeks.  A couple people need to go ahead of time to set the project up though, so my professor has asked us to go for about 2 months.  
Yep, we'd basically be living in Bangladesh for the summer.


I'll actually be graduated by next summer (April graduation! wooo!) and since hubby is no
longer in school either, it's surprising that the school would still fund us to go.  
But lucky for us, our school is AWESOME and has already approved funding for the project.

So now it's just up to us.
We've got big decisions ahead of us people...

4 comments:

Leah said... Best Blogger Tips

What a decision! And what an awesome school! I don't see my school ever doing that for me..haha! Can't wait to hear more about it..sounds like an awesome way to see the world!

Jenna @ LaFemmeLaFanciful.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow Candace! What an honor to be asked to go on such a trip! I really hope you two decide to go. It sounds like an amazing experience!

NKriste said... Best Blogger Tips

That sounds like a huge decision! I would be so excited to go there. I can't wait to hear what you decide!

Katie said... Best Blogger Tips

Cool, Candace! Will be eager to hear how things pan out!