On our final day of vacation we did some last minute exploring.
And for such a small island, there sure is a lot you can do.
- You can go visit the beautiful waterfalls. They're definitely tourist attractions, but they're still worth visiting. As with everything else on this island, they're wonderfully beautiful.
- You can go and visit the Kiluea Lighthouse. We decided not to go visit it up close and personal because we didn't want to pay the entrance fee, but there's a beautiful view that you can visit for free.
- Take a final stroll on the sands of Kauai.
- Say goodbye to the magnificent views.
- Chase the roosters. They are all OVER the place. Seriously, I though Oahu had too many chickens and roosters. But they are everywhere on Kauai.
Go back to get more ice cream from the same shop as before. The owner was awesome and gave me and the hubby each a free cone! He has my customer loyalty forever. Now they just need to open a shop on Oahu...
- Just take it all in. I'm constantly amazed at how much beauty there is around us all the time. You don't have to be on a tropical paradise to find beauty. But of course it doesn't hurt either.
- If you're like us and thought it would be a good idea to book your departure flight for 11:30 at night, don't do it. It is not a good idea. Most things close down pretty early on the island so after dinner time, the hubby and I were running out of ideas of things to do. Once it got dark, we headed back to our hotel (which we had checked out of at this point) and plopped ourselves down in the courtyard. With a comfy chair and our feet up by the warm fire, we were pretty content with our last night on this little island of paradise.