Tuesday, April 24, 2012

19 weeks...almost halfway!

It's unreal to me that I'm almost halfway through this pregnancy.  I have so much to say about it and up until now I haven't had the time to document my thoughts on it all.  But these days, I have nothing but time on my hands.  I'm officially graduated from school, my family came to visit and I had a wonderful vacation with them, and now I'm just hanging out in Hawaii while Beau finishes teaching for the school year.  And then, it's back to the mainland for us.  But for now, we're enjoying every precious minute we have on this beautiful island.  I'll work on some more detailed posts in the next couple days about how this pregnancy has been so far.  


Pregnancy/Baby Stats:

How far along: 19 weeks

How big is baby:  The size of a MANGO!

Total weight gain: I've gained a total of 8 pounds this pregnancy.  My goal was to not hit +10 pounds before 20 weeks, so I'm doing alright.  It's so hard for me to see weight gain as a positive thing, but hubby does a good job of reassuring and reminding me that I'm "pregnant, not fat."  As I all-too-often forget.  The doctor tells me I should be gaining anywhere from 25-35 pounds in the 40 weeks of my pregnancy, and so far she's happy with  the rate at which I'm gaining.  So I guess I have nothing to complain about.  Baby and I are both healthy, which is what's really important.

Stretch marks:  Nope. And I'm hoping not to get any.  I'm religiously rubbing my belly and everything else with creams and lotions, desperately trying to keep my skin hydrated.  

Best moment of the week:  Realizing I'm almost halfway done!

Gender:  It's a.....BOY!!!!  To be honest I wasn't surprised at the gender ultrasound.  I've been saying from the beginning that he was a boy.  Hubby was of course saying girl just to go against me.  Silly husband, doesn't he know I'm always right?  Just kidding...  :)

Movement: Baby has become and active little thing!  I felt my first kick a little over a week ago, and then didn't feel much.  But the last couple days I've felt his little kicks every night before going to bed. I never imagined I would love the feeling of those little kicks so much.  Sometimes they take me by surprise and I literally laugh out loud.  I can't wait til hubby can feel them too.  

Have you started to show yet:  Well, you tell me.I..am I showing?  I think I have a disappearing and reappearing bump.  I guess I honestly don't have much of a distinguishable bump yet, but my mid-section has definitely gotten thicker!  It's so weird to me.  Not that I've always been teeny tiny or anything, but I'm definitely a lot thicker than I'm used to.  

Belly button:  Still quite deep.  Hopefully it'll be awhile before that thing decides to poke out, if ever.

Mood:  HAPPY!

What I miss: I miss sushi.  Groupon has been taunting me lately, advertising deals for my favorite sushi place.  Oh how I miss me some good rolls.  All worth it though.  

Symptoms: 
Hunger-I'm seriously hungry all the time these days.  If I don't eat every couple of hours I start to feel nauseous and sick.  Bleh.  

Skin-For awhile my face was breaking out like crazy. That's finally cleared up, but the past week or two my face has suddenly become SO dry!  And nothing is helping it.  

Looking forward to:  Our 20-week appointment next Tuesday!




4 comments:

Ashley Aikele said... Best Blogger Tips

So many happy things! Happy Graduation and congrats on having a boy! YAY. He is going to be so adorable with dark curly hair, I just know it ;) I hope you guys are doing well! Miss you!

ps. You aren't showing at all you skinny little thing!

Brian & Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

wohoo a BOY! cute =) yea I agree with Ashley you dont even look pregnant!!! oh and I had my first sushi last week and it was DIVINE =)

LaNesha Tabb said... Best Blogger Tips

oh man, you don't look 19 weeks at all...I'm 18 weeks and look like 6 months! ;) congrats on the boy!

Ross said... Best Blogger Tips

You look great for 19 weeks! Congrats on everything! Sounds like so much positive happening in your lives right now! Hope your having a great weekend.