Tuesday, May 8, 2012

t-minus three weeks


I'm overwhelmed.  
We've moved 3 times in a matter of 3 and half weeks, and we're moving again in a week and a half.  
We're officially leaving our island home of paradise on June 1st.

We only have 3 weeks left here and I'm really really going to miss it.  
Hawaii has been more than just a beautiful paradise.  
It's been my home for the past three years.
It's where I met my husband, fell in love, and got engaged.  
It's where we started our life together after our wedding.
It's the place where we both went to college and graduated.
The place where we learned what it meant to be "grown up."
The place where we found out we were pregnant and 
The place where we got to listen to our little boy's heartbeat for the first time.

Hawaii has helped give me a perspective that I hope never to lose.  
It's taught me about cultural appreciation.
Friendship.
Love.

It's introduced this city-girl to the joys of a slow-tempered lifestyle.
A lifestyle I never thought I'd be able to embrace when I first moved out here.
And now as our Hawaiian journey is coming to a close, 
I find myself hoping (wishing even) that our life's journey will somehow lead us back here.
Back to this place where our lives really started.

And can I admit something?
I'm terrified about moving and leaving this place behind.
We're stepping into a completely new way of life and I have zero idea of what to expect.
We're moving to Nashville, a place neither of us have ever been.
Hubby will be started graduate school in a great program.
Baby is due less than a month from the first day of hubby's start date.
And for the first time in my life I'm not going to be working or in school.
Everything is changing for us.  
And it's all changing all at once.  

But aside from being somewhat terrified, I'm also intrigued and excited.  
When I first came to Hawaii, I was almost in the same position. 
I had no idea what to expect.
I was young, single, going to college, and was thousands of miles away from my family.
And yet look where I am now.
I could never have imagined my life could become so wonderful in such a short period of time.
I could never have imagined that the decision to go to Hawaii would lead to such wonderful things.
And now I'm excited to see what wonderful things Nashville is going to bring to us.
I'm excited for the opportunities that await us there.  

So yes, that's what I'm feeling lately.  
Overwhelmed, grateful, terrified, and excited.
All the regular emotions in the day of a pregnant woman. 

5 comments:

Christal said... Best Blogger Tips

We miss Hawaii so much! I felt/still feel the same way you do. I wanna see pics of that baby bump!

Erika said... Best Blogger Tips

OH Candace. I am so excited for you! You have done so much in Hawaii and your life changed significantly many times in the best kinds of ways... I can only imagine how exciting the next adventure will be in Nashville. I am sad I didn't get to see you one more time in Hawaii, but we will meet up sometime somewhere else... hopefully with your baby in tow!

I know what you mean though, it is so hard to leave Hawaii... it will always have a really special place in my heart too!

We really do need to chat soon!

best of luck,

erika

Susan said... Best Blogger Tips

I totally understand what you're going through! Good luck with the move, the pregnancy, and adjusting to your new home. Even if it gets crazy at times it will be an adventure that you will never forget! Congrats on so many wonderful and exciting things happening in your lives :)

BenjaminRachel said... Best Blogger Tips

We miss Hawaii too. That was perfectly written, I hope Nashville brings you just as much joy in new ways!

Leah said... Best Blogger Tips

This was a beautiful post Candace- I could feel all your emotions!! Thinking of you during your next move- hope it goes well! :)