Tuesday, September 4, 2012

38 weeks



Pregnancy/Baby Stats:

How far along: 38 weeks

How big is baby:  BIG BIG BIG! Ready to come OUT!

Total weight gain: 27 lbs

Stretch marks:  So far I've still avoided any stretch marks.  Yahooooo!

Best moment of the week:  I've just loved having this last bit of time to spend with just hubby.  Of course he's much busier with school now, but we still find time to relax with each other and enjoy our last bit of time as just the two of us. 

Gender:  Boy oh boy, oh boy.

Movement: Lots of squirms, wiggles, kicks, and jabs.  Most days I love it.  Other days...my poor ribs could use a bit of a break.  Can't wait to hold my squirming baby though.  

Have you started to show yet:  Definitely so.  

Belly button:  Outie.  Dumb...

Mood:  Very happy!  But also getting a little stir crazy.  Maybe just because I've been extra tired lately.

What I miss: My body being my own.  

Symptoms: 
Heartburn-Nothing terribly series, but still not very fun.  I mostly only get it from tomatoes and tomato-based things (sauce, etc).  So while I've been avoiding tomatoes like no other, I occasionally still get it from other acidic foods as well.

Tired-Still sleeping 8-10 hours a night, but it's gotten a lot more restless.  Between getting up to pee every two hours or so, I've just been tossing and turning a lot more recently.   

Sciatic Pain-Getting much worse!  I talked to my midwife about it and she said a lot of it is because of my pelvis shifting.  She suggested doing some cat and cow stretches when it happens to see if I can take some pressure off of the nerve.  It's helping a little, but I still get hit with the pain out of nowhere sometimes.  

Signs of labor:  At my last appointment my midwife told me that baby is head down and VERY low!  Both hubby and I have definitely been able to tell that our little guy has dropped down.  His movements are a lot lower than usual.  We're hoping this means he's getting ready to make his debut into the world.  I've had some contractions and other pains, but nothing too crazy.  My midwife tells me my body is doing everything it should be to prep itself for labor though.  

Looking forward to:  Our 39 week midwife appointment next Monday and baby's arrival!  

0 comments: