Sunday, May 8, 2011

happy mother's day

My beautiful mother, 

Over the years, I've appreciated and admired you more than you could know.  You've been so much more than just a mother to me.  You've been a confidant, an example, and inspiration, a teacher-of-life-lessons, a nurse to my little-girl-boo-boos, a believer-of-my-potential, a service-giver, a clothes-mender, a jewelry-passer-on, a supporter, an advice-giver, a meal-maker, a family-game-player, a hug-giver, a hair-braider, and best of all a friend.  The word "friend" doesn't quite do you justice though.  Because friends's come and go.  They get busy with life sometimes. But not you.  You are always make time for me.  Thanks for teaching me about life Ma.  I love you.


Dear Stacey (my wonderful mother-in-law),

I know we haven't been able to spend much time together since my and Beau's marriage, but I will be forever grateful for you.  Thank you for raising such a wonderful son.  There are so many ways that he takes after you and Scott.  You raised quite the gentleman.  And I am so lucky to have been able to not only marry him, but to be able to marry into your beautiful family.  I am so excited to be able to spend some time on vacation with you guys this summer.  Thank you for your loving, caring attitude, your motherly concern, and most of all your support and love for us.  I hope you have a fabulous mother's day.  Love you.

3 comments:

Windy said... Best Blogger Tips

Candace, I love you more than words can ever say!!

Leah said... Best Blogger Tips

What beautifully written letters - fun idea to mark the day!

Scott Boice said... Best Blogger Tips

Ah, that is so nice. We are just beyond words excited to have a whole week with you two. You make us so happy. You and Beau did a great job in finding each other. He is a great man, but he really did come that way and we were just good enough not to mess him up.