Monday, November 12, 2012

slow-cooker bbq pulled pork

I've never made pulled pork before. 
In fact, I've never really made anything with barbecue.  
But I had a pork tenderloin sitting in the freezer and thought, why not?
So I pulled out my slow-cooker and made up a recipe.

I started with a rub.  You can let it sit on the meat as long as you want. 
I put it on Saturday night and left it on until Sunday morning when I threw the whole thing in the crockpot.
Now I don't mean to brag...buuuuut, this was pretty dang good.
It even got the approval of my barbecue-fanatic husband. 
Success?  I think so.



Slow-Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork 

Rub Ingredients:
-1 tsp black pepper
-1 tsp salt
-1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
-3 tbsp paprika
-1 tbsp lawry's seasoning salt
-1 1/2 tbsp cumin
-1 tbsp dried oregano
-3 tbsp brown sugar

Other Ingredients:
-Pork Tenderloin
-1/4 c. water
-1-2 c. BBQ sauce

Method:
-Combine all rub ingredients in a small bowl
-Cover pork tenderloin with spices
-Wrap tenderloin with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge 3 hours-2 days.  Your choice.  (I left mine in overnight, about 12 hours)
-Add seasoned pork tenderloin to crockpot along with 1/4 cup water
-Cook on low 8 hours
-After the 8 hours, pull the pork out and lay on a cookie sheet or cutting board.
-Pull meat apart with two forks
-Empty the liquid from the crockpot and place meat back inside.
-Add 1 1/2 c. BBQ sauce to the crockpot and mix to combine with pork.
-Allow to cook 30-60 minutes more on low.
-Serve and enjoy on buns, sandwiches, over rice, or any other way!
-Feel free to add extra BBQ sauce 



0 comments: